Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Feel Like I'm Fallin' for Fall Nail Foils

Hello gorgeous! Hope you're doing well tonight. I wanted to share a foil design I did a week or so ago. I was trying to show how you can accomplish different effects with nail foils by changing the base color. The effect is not as strong as I had hoped, but if you look closely, you may notice that the background of the foil gets darker from the index to the pinky. The effect is seen mainly through the flowers (white, silver, brown, black).

I choose white, silver, brown and black for base colors.

This is the free foil I received for purchasing 4. I probably would have never picked it myself but I like it because it puts me in the mood for the Fall. It has a silver base with gold & orange accents.


In other news, I'm slightly behind in responding to comments (sorry about that). I've been working 10-12 hour days with little sleep. I have to get up at 5am and my body, and mind, just isn't built to function that early in the morning, lol. I'll respond to your comments very soon. Thanks for stopping by and hope you're having a great week!






21 comments:

  1. I like!;)
    Don't work yourself too hard. Rest, girl!

    Btw follow my blog if you haven't yet and if you can my twitter too! (Viva_La_Breee)

    xoxo, Bree

    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I would have never thought to do an ombre with foils, thanks for always inspiring me to try new things! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those foils!!!!! So pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to find some foils to try! Those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that u can change the look by the base color so cute an creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not ready for fall, but this is so gorgeous! I hope you can get more sleep soon. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's so great!!!
    I loove them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Nice to see the different effect with different basecolors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful...love the ombre effect! I need to order some foils. I hope you get enought rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks so much ladies! i have a "late" day today and hopefully will get out earlier. fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh guys. Someone had a question for me but I can't find the comment. Please email me and I'll respond. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so gorgeous! i hardly ever play with my nail foils really need to lol!

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where do you order foils? I absolutely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks ladies :)

    @Krysteno i got them from the seller jennysellsfoils on the ebay.uk website

    ReplyDelete
  15. i understand you completely, foils are easy to love :-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been soooo tempted by the foils...I've seen them everything. I might just have to try them now. I'm a new GFC follower...would love for you to follow back :)

    http://wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just discovered your blog and I really love it! I also love foils, but have not seen that many others that use it before. It is really a great way of getting a spectacular mani without too much effort!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails